Discover Canada's history and nature with Parks Canada and the Cultural Access Pass
Use your pass to explore world-famous national treasures!
Visit one of Canada's national historic sites where the nation's defining moments come to life. Each national historic site tells its unique story, contributing to our understanding of Canada as a whole.
National parks and national marine conservation areas offer some of the most scenic views in the country. They are wonderful places for family fun, where you can enjoy fresh air and take in Canada's natural beauty.
- Connect with Canadian history at Fort George National Historic Site near Toronto, where you can re-trace the footsteps of soldiers from the War of 1812.
- Explore the iconic birthplace of Canada's national parks system in Banff National Park and Cave and Basin National Historic Site, just outside of Calgary.
- Be inspired by Canada's rich history of exploration at Fort Langley National Historic Site, close to Vancouver.
- Immerse yourself in the heart of the West Coast, in Pacific Rim National Park Reserve's rainforests and beaches on the edge of scenic Vancouver Island.
- Venture into a luxurious home at Sir George-Étienne Cartier National Historic Site in Montreal and learn about this leading political figure of Canada's Confederation.
- Take a break from the city and experience some of Canada's best wildlife viewing at Elk Island National Park close to Edmonton.
- Discover the rich history of Québec City at the Fortifications de Québec National Historic Site, a World Heritage Site, and the only remaining fortified city north of Mexico.
- Experience the Halifax Citadel National Historic Site, where the sounds of Halifax's modern, busy port city are replaced by the historic noon cannon and the music of bagpipes.
More national historic sites, national parks and national marine conservation areas await your visit. Plan your trip today.
In addition to English and French, some of Parks Canada's website content is available in the following languages:
- ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਦੇ (Punjabi)
Parks Canada looks forward to welcoming you!
*Parking, camping and other fees are not covered by this offer. Check the "visitor information" section on the Parks Canada's website to confirm site-specific dates and hours of operation.
We welcome any feedback about the CAP program and are happy to address any questions concerns you may have. Please email us at: CAP@icc-icc.ca or call 1-888-359-6998.
Partners and Supporters:
CAP is a Registered Trade-mark of the Institute for Canadian Citizenship